Sunday 24 February 2013

MUA Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit

I purchased this a few days ago from my local Superdrug - after a minor panic when I thought they had got rid of the MUA stand!!! When in fact it had just been moved to a different place - phew :) 





It costs £3.50 both online and in Superdrug, which I think is extremely reasonable for a concealer palette with 3 different shades. I chose the Porcelain - Beige as it was the lightest set yet still didn't look all that light. However once I had properly swatched it in the right light I was happy to see that the two concealer shades both blended in to my skin perfectly. 

I've been using the yellow toned colour to cover my dark purple under eye circles, however I need to go back to pick up and apply more product quite a few times to get good coverage. The peachy concealer is a good all rounder for correcting small flaws, but if I had a really red blemish I would probably choose a more heavy duty concealer for the job (such as my trusty Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection!) I'm not blown away by the highlighting cream but it is a nice addition to the kit and would work well in places where you need it to be more subtle, such as the cupids bow. 

Overall I think this kit delivers on the quality you get for the price, as do most of MUA's products! Which budget concealers would you recommend?? 
xx

7 comments:

  1. This looks good ! I just bought the w7 concealer kit and It's awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that on fragrance direct for really cheap and was gonna buy it! maybe not then haha x

      Delete
  2. such a bargain for this concealer, i must try it out! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :) I've never tried MUA and I'm always on the lookout for concealers so I might try this as it's so cheap! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) mua are amaaazing for the price especially the eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks x

      Delete
  4. I love MUA! Definitely value for money :)

    ReplyDelete