Thursday 29 August 2013

Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Eraser Eye Concealer REVIEW

What a long post title! I can't figure out if this is the proper name for this product as the writing on the packaging doesn't really make sense - 'The Eraser Eye'? Anyway, I picked up this relatively new product recently, as part of a 3 for 2 offer on all Maybelline products in Boots. 


The most striking thing about this product is the unusual applicator, a rounded spongey tip which I don't believe I have seen in similar concealer products before. In order to bring the product up into the applicator you simply twist the red band. 



Honestly I was not really impressed at first, as I sat twisting and twisting for what seemed like ages, before the tiniest amount of product appeared, and I could not seem to get a decent amount out. However after being 'worn in' it seemed to work better with every use.

The coverage was a lot better than I expected, so much so that I have surprisingly been using this instead of my trusty Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection. It feels a lot lighter than the Collection concealer, which makes it much easier to blend and also much more comfortable to wear around the eyes. In the photo below I am wearing only this product, (excuse my makeup-less face) around my right eye (left hand side of the photo.)


You can see the difference for yourself! My dark circles and veins are almost completely covered, without any foundation on top. The only negative side to this product is how rapidly it is being used up - I have only had it for no longer than a fortnight and already just under a quarter of the product has gone. Maybe I'm applying it too liberally - I don't know!

Overall I give this product a thumbs up for ease of use, great coverage and lightweight feeling :)

Have you tried this product or  can you recommend anything similar? 

Lauren x x

3 comments:

  1. It has great coverage! I usually go for MAC but this foundation looks something special :)!

    I've just followed you it would be great to get a follow back

    http://whatlaradidnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, I've seen it around for a while but I've never known if it was worth trying, I might try it now.

    http://missbethanyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review it sounds really good :)
    Meg xx (new follower!)

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete